Tuesday, November 26, 2013

birds and bees

We had a birds and bees talk with clare a few days ago. We decided a little while ago that once she was 8, the next time she asked "where do babies come from?" or "How do babies get into mom's tummy?" we would tell her the real answer. We used dave's anatomy books to give her the basic understanding of what things are and how they work.  It was not akward at all. It was funny a couple of times. Once when Dave said "butt" and once when he said "boobs".  (clearly not the appropriate medical terms for these body parts!)

Anyway.....the reason I am writing this down is when I was getting ready to talk to Clare I put all the kids to bed and told her to wait on my bed for me. The book Have a New Kid By Friday was sitting right in the middle of my bed. I had been reading it and stuck it there so I wouldn't forget to put it in my return to library pile. Anyway, Clare picked it up and thought it would explain how to make a baby and get one by friday! It was pretty cute.  So I guess the first thing we covered was how it takes 9 months for a baby to grow inside a mother, which she already knew but just needed to be reminded of!

She is a dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment