Saturday, November 5, 2016

Stay at home mom with kids in school!

This year is a new phase for me as a stay at home mom with all my kids in school.  It is so fun!!   I love my littles and miss those days of having them at home, but I'm having a great time in this stage of life too!

When the kids went back to school in August and Jojo started Kindergarten, for the first two weeks of school I was too sad to even go home!  I knew if I did I would just lay in bed and cry so instead I caught up on errands, tried out some new gyms to see what kind of exercise I wanted to add to my dog walking!

I'm also teaching a high school biology class for some freshman and sophmore home schoolers! It is so fun! They are great kids. I get a kick out of watching them interact, flirt, talk, etc. It is just great. I also love being back to teaching bio.  It is on of my loves.  I have had to change my teaching style a bit to match up with the learning styles of these very self motivated home school kids, and that has been fun too!    On Mondays I teach class from 10:45-12:15 so after I drop off the kids I spend and hour or so getting things ready and then head over to class. After class I usually go right to kickboxing and get a quick workout in before heading home. It's a great routine!

Every other Tues I work in Jojo's class in the morning.

Wed/Th/Fri I walk with Gabby and/or Holli Ewell or occasionally someone else!

Once a month I check out Clare and Lexey on a different day and take them out to lunch for a little one on one time. I started this last year and it really means a lot to them. They talk so much during this time, they are always in a great mood, and we have some really great conversations.

For Jojo I check her out of school one day a week around lunch time and just bring her home to rest, relax, chill and hang out. She has been struggling with separation anxiety when I leave her at school and she is also pretty burned out and grumpy after school. A little bit of extra home time seems to help her quite a bit.  I do have to say that I am seeing improvements in her ability to handle the full day now so I think she might be getting used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment